Tuesday, June 21, 2011

What you NEVER thought you would have to say...

Today I have the luxury of spending time with 2 of our 5 children.  We went to the pool.  Asher my oldest,  went off the diving board for his first time.  Yes, I know he is 9 but, we live in the country, I have had babies back to back, and this is the first time ever in the history of our 12 years of marriage that Jared works within 5 miles of our home!  Enough said!  Not only did he jump, he flipped, and he cannon balled!  He learned that sometimes when you over shoot, a stinging red sensation can consume every part of your body that made that initial contact with the water.  He sort of limped to the car with the satisfaction of knowing he had walked in moments of courage.  Oh the glory!

Ariel is my 2 year old.  The baby whom everyone adores.  She is potty training.  Public facilities have toilets, not potties.  I brought her into the restroom stall telling her to "hold on" while I grabbed a soapy paper towel. Side note:  I have unfond olfactory memory from summer time swim pool public restrooms.  YUCK, wet toilet paper, YUCK smells, YUCK.  I may need a sozo over this issue....  Okay, Ari said,"look gum," as she lunged her hand into the potty to pull out the treasured ABC(already been chewed) gum.  I shrieked, "NNNOOOOO!"  Her hand did not make it to the intended destination.  I feel like I need to be bathed in bleach.  Not really.
Thought I would NEVER say..."NO, Stop!  Do not grab and chew that ABC gum from the public swim pool toilet!  YUCKY, YUCKY, YUCKY!"
Celebrating the Minor...Ari did not retrieve the gum and put it into her mouth!  Yeah!

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely LOVE this...and I don't want to kiss Ari goodnight. :)

    ReplyDelete